Out and About is a bespoke program of activities and events organised to focus on children who would benefit from a range of events to build confidence and enhance their life experience.
The aim of this program is to develop a range of non -cognitive skills including:
- Increased resilience
- Improved social and emotional skills
- Enhanced confidence
- Improved team working
- Enhanced leadership skills
- Improved belief and aspirations
- Improved pupil behaviour and engagement
- Reductions in challenging behaviour amongst those engaged in activities
- Enhanced curriculum and ‘pupil offer’ in school
Events this year have included a visit to a Fire Station, Lifeboat Station, a library, the market and a bakery. A supermarket where the children were able to use the tills and see behind the scenes. A morning at a Care Home, a visit to Carrow Road Stadium and a tour of Norwich. Children are encouraged to reflect on their learning when they return to school and share their experiences with their peers.